WORK FOR US
We are currently hiring Copy Editor, Distributions Manager, Creative Director and Illustrator positions for the 2017-18 news team. Apply by by submitting the application form (click here to download), a resume, and the required samples of your work to email@example.com, or by dropping off hard copies to Bloomfield 111E.
The Distributions Manager delivers the physical papers when the XW is published and records trends in demand among all news stands.
The Creative Director is responsible for creating the XW print cover for each issue and managing the overall visual components of the XW. The Creative Director will work closely with the Section Editors and coordinate assignments for the Graphic Designers and Photographers.
The Cartoonist/Illustrator is responsible for creating hand-drawn visual content at the request of Section Editors. Applicants may have skills in cartoon, illustration, or both.
The Copy Editor is responsible for editing all written content published in print or online.
What we offer:
- Become part of a highly motivated team, share and develop skills, and make friends.
- Opportunity for growth. Excel as a Senior Reporter one year and transition to an Assistant Editor the next.
- Get published. Your work will appear both in print and online, potentially reaching thousands of viewers.
- Enhance your portfolio. Use your experience working with us to develop your writing or design skills and build a strong portfolio.
Who you are:
- You are creative, dedicated, and adaptable, willing to learn and develop new skills.
- You work well independently yet are keen to collaborate and generate ideas in a team setting.
- You have a passion for storytelling and the ability to produce clean, cogent copy and designs in short notice.
- You're excited to work with an engaged, innovative, and collaborative team, and wouldn't mind getting to know them in a social setting.
Have questions? Please direct all inquiries to the Editor-in-Chief at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team!