WORK FOR US
Applications for Features Editor, Multi-media Coordinator, Photographer, Staff writer/Columnist and Web Developer are currently being accepted for the 2018-19 year. Apply by submitting the application form (click here to download), a resume, and two writing samples (excluding photographers) to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by dropping off hard copies to Bloomfield 111E.
- Edit all Features articles.
- Assign photo assignments to the photography team.
- Be responsible for the content of the ‘Features’ section.
- Write at least one article for your section per issue.
- Write at least one article per issue in a section of your choice.
- Be responsible for all things social media and oversee The Xaverian’s website.
- Ensures the proper look and functionality of the Xaverian’s website
- Assists the Multi-media Coordinator in uploading content
- Creates unique illustrations for uploaded articles
What we offer:
- Become part of a highly motivated team, share and develop skills, and make friends.
- Opportunity for growth. Excel as a Senior Reporter one year and transition to an Assistant Editor the next.
- Get published. Your work will appear both in print and online, potentially reaching thousands of viewers.
- Enhance your portfolio. Use your experience working with us to develop your writing or design skills and build a strong portfolio.
Who you are:
- You are creative, dedicated, and adaptable, willing to learn and develop new skills.
- You work well independently yet are keen to collaborate and generate ideas in a team setting.
- You have a passion for storytelling and the ability to produce clean, cogent copy and designs in short notice.
- You're excited to work with an engaged, innovative, and collaborative team, and wouldn't mind getting to know them in a social setting.
Have questions? Please direct all inquiries to the Editors-in-Chief by email at email@example.com.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team!